Check tankered water


With the dry weather likely to continue, people on their own tank water supplies may find they need to buy in water.

Anyone who is carrying water for the purposes of human consumption, domestic or food preparation uses for more than five days per year is required to be registered annually by the Ministry of Health.

The Medical Officer of Health recommends anyone buying water checks that the carrier can show you a current water carrier registration certificate from the Ministry of Health.

Registered carriers utilise Ministry of Health guidelines to ensure that the water is safe and meets drinking water standards.

A valid water carrier registration certificate will include the date of issue, date of expiry, certificate registration number and will be signed by a drinking water assessor.

If you have any questions about water carrier registration please contact a drinking-water assessor at Waikato DHB’s public health at Population Health, phone 07 838 2569.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *