Tamahere’s popular Punnet Eatery is coming to the aid of espresso coffee lovers and anyone hankering for other than a home cooked meal.
From Tuesday (April 28), the Newell Rd cafe is offering contactless, drive-through service for cafe coffee and food using its own app and orders of meals from its website. Other nearby cafes, restaurants and other businesses are also back in business.
The McMahon family, owners of Punnet, the Providore and the Strawberry farm, have been busy during Covid-19 pandemic lockdown preparing for the new normal of the NZ alert level 3 restrictions, which the country moves to from Tuesday, and for those we’ll be under for months to come.
They advise that customers using their app will be able to select their choice of food and drink, pay, and select a pick-up time slot. Clients are then asked to wait in the car park until they get a notification through the app that their order is ready which they can then pick up from the Glasshouse.
“It will all be signposted for you and please call us if you have any questions (07) 838 1901. We will be open 8am Tuesday morning.”
The enterprising family’s other service is Punnet at Home, a range of chef-prepared meals, ordered from their website, available for pick up or delivered free in Tamahere and Matangi three days a week. A 10% discount is being offered in the first week.
More in business
Other cafes in the area are also coming to the aid of the locked down. They include:
- The Bikery at the velodrome near Cambridge, which also has an app.
- Camarosa on Ruakura Rd, which will take orders via its website.
- Factory Bus Stop Cafe, Matangi, phone 022 416 2155 to order coffee, payment by paywave or online, pick up outside. Mon-Friday, open from 7.30am.
- Propeller Restaurant at Jet Park Hotel Hamilton Airport, which is offering chef-made takeaways from 11.30am to 8.30pm, Tuesday to Saturday by phoning 0800 336 866. The menu is below.
- Amber Garden Centre, Peake Rd, is supplying garden needs from punnets of winter vegetable seedlings to fruit trees and potting mix. Phone 07 827 6259 to talk to staff, leave a message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a call to discuss gardening needs, pricing and availability.
Other businesses, which may not be open yet, can be supported by buying future-dated vouchers from the SOS Business website.
And those favourite stallholders from our still-closed Tamahere Market can be contacted for current or future-dated orders here on this site’s Tamahere e-Market.
Tell us what’s back
Readers, if you know of a business that is open and what they are offering (and how) put it in the comments section, or email email@example.com so we can spread the word. Thanks.