The Tamahere Market is held in the St Stephen’s Church grounds, corner of Airport Rd and Tamahere Drive, (just off State Highway 1) on the third Saturday of each month from 8.30am to 1pm.
Tamahere Market dates for 2020 are July 18, August 15, September 19, October 17, November 21 and December 19. A twilight Christmas craft market will be held on December 5 from 4pm.
Scroll down for a list of regular market stallholders and links to their online details below.
Contact the market organiser
For information on having and booking a stall click here for the St Stephen’s market page. You can also click here to email the market organiser, Jane Manson, or phone Jane on 07 858 2425.
Food, art, crafts
The popular market, south of Hamilton, offers everything from seasonal fruit and vegetables to imaginative art and craft, local wine, delicious cooked food, including Indian vegetarian meals, Cornish pasties, Dutch biscuits and Kiwi mussel fritters, fresh and smoked fish, bacon, sausages and salami, cupcakes, cakes and biscuits, chocolate, olive oil, jam, chutney and relish, cheese, bread and pastries, fruit juice, great coffee, collectibles, woodwork, clothing, jewellery, toys, glass art, plants, garden art and much, much more.
EFTPOS is available but taking plenty of cash avoids the queue. BYO bags is practical and cuts down on the need for plastic.
Plentiful parking is available on Tamahere Drive opposite the market, and on Devine Rd, to the left off the on-ramp towards Hamilton.
Directions to Tamahere Market
See the map below.
View Tamahere Market in a larger map
Buy local and NZ-made anytime from Tamahere Market stallholders. Contact them online as listed below.
- 3Feathers Honey – manuka, wildflower and bush honey
- 4 Ur Paws – lifestyle accessories for pets
- Back Shed Garden Studio – vintage-inspired coat racks, signs, upcycled bags, steampunk
- Bags for Freedom – Bags, tees, handicrafts from freedom businesses
- Basecamp Venison Salami – venison salami and small goods
- BD Photography – iconic NZ landscape and kiwiana photography
- Black Shepherd Apiaries – Waikato honey
- Bottoms Up Deck Chairs – designed and handcrafted for comfort and style
- Bruntwood Lane Felted Soap – Felted wool soap
- Cambridge Picklery – zesty pickles and chutney
- Carved Legacy – handcrafted pounamu (greenstone)
- Cornish Pasties – tasty, traditionally filled pastries
- CCCP Farm – seasonal fruit and veg, quail and hen eggs, plant seedlings
- Deborah Hinde, author & Illustrator – children’s books & artwork
- Essenza Coffee – specialty coffee
- Freckles Merino – handknitted babywear and children’s clothes
- Freeset Bags – Fair Trade bags and accessories made in West Bengal
- Hoops & Scoops – icecreams, sorbets and donuts
- King Country Honey – raw and comb honey and beeswax
- Korkers Sandals – handmade leather sandals and shoes
- In Hide Leatherworks – handmade leather goods & repairs
- Lady Parker Preserves – conserves low in sugar, made from local fruit
- Lavender Backyard Garden – lavender oils, soap, perfume and balm
- Leena Spices – gluten-free spice blends that give an exotic flavour
- Leeroom Design – hand poured, scented and designer candles
- Little Olive Tree – natural lotions, scrubs, salts, and fragrances
- Lollycraft – homemade fudge, treats and crafts
- Magos Mineral Solutions – mineral solutions for better health
- Mama’s Donuts
- Monavale Organic Blueberries
- Mount Eliza Cheese – raw milk cheese
- Moz-Art – clothes and bags made from recycled & vintage materials
- Natural NZ Pet Food & Treats – NZ-made dog and cat food
- PictureBook Publishing – picture books for kids
- Nerina’s Creations – soft toys, doll & baby clothes, crocheted blankets
- Pirongia Bacon – traditionally cured bacon and sausages
- Plains View Gardens – fresh fruit and vegetables delivered
- Raglan Falafel – Mediterranean vegetarian food
- Rakaia Salmon
- Rawleigh’s Healthcare – health and home care products
- River Rainbows Handpainted Glass – by Jan Hardy
- Roach’s for Roses – roses, vegetables and plants
- RosEmily Boutique – baby and children’s clothes
- Sharpaz Mobile Sharpening – sharpens knives, scissors and tools
- Soulful Contemporary Candles – candles handpoured with love & soul
- The Farm Shop – Gordonton farm shop stocking stallholders products
- The Strawberry Farm – fresh strawberries in season, fruit ice creams
- Timberworks – retro-style furniture and collectable homeware
- Top Notch Macadamias – macadamia nuts, brittle & flavoured nuts
- Tuporo Living – oil burners to deter insects & sandalwood-based oils
- Volare Bread – handcrafted sourdough breads
- Wouldn’t Know ‘Em from a Bar of Soap – cold-pressed soap made from natural clays & pure essential oils
Stallholders, to have your link or contact details added to this list please email: firstname.lastname@example.org